Thinking of building your own Off Road Camper Trailer or Toy Hauler ?
But need a bit of a kick start to get your project off the ground.
Introducing Off Road Designs all new ORD. CS – 4.4 Coil Spring Off Road Tandem Trailer Chassis.
A revolutionary new off road camper trailer chassis designed for those who are serious about outback adventure.
Proudly designed, developed and built right here in Australia.
100% Australian made.
Extreme Off Road, Coil Spring Trailer Chassis. From: $19,950.
Off Road Ability.
Remote off-road exploration is what this ultimate off road camper frame was made for.
Being conscious of the restricted maneuvering area on off road tracks. We have carefully thought out the chassis design, dimensions and over all ground clearance. Allow you to venture out into areas that conventional off road caravans and off road camper trailers simply can’t go. Weighing in at just over 700kg, the O.R.D. CS – 4.4 is lighter than many single axle off road trailers on the market today.
The tandem axle, coil spring independent suspension design also gives you the added benefits of four wheel flotation and greater suspension articulation. With twice the braking power and added stability off road. While the sharp angle draw bar configuration also gives you an advantage over many A Frame trailer designs. By allowing you to maneuver the trailer into an over 80* jack knife position behind the tow vehicle. Giving you a much tighter turning circle and reversing capability off road.
By keeping the trailer dimensions within the width of most tow vehicles we have also been able to increase the maneuverability off road through tight areas. Along narrow tree lined outback tracks, or along tight, twisting mountain roads. Keeping the Off Road Trailer dimensions in line with the tow vehicle also improves vehicle handling and fuel efficiency. By reducing the amount of wind and drag that you are likely to encounter during higher speed on road travel.
Trailer Length: 4.4 mtrs
Deck Area : 3.0 mtrs long x 1.75 mtrs wide.
TRAILER RUNNING GEAR
- Two sets of Cruise Master 1600 kg Coil Spring Suspension.
- 4 – 10 inch electric drum breaks.
- 8 – Heavy duty large boar off road shock absorbers.
- 4 – Sets of Japanese parallel bearings.
- 2 – Rear pivot swinging mud flap mounts and mud flaps.
- Trailer hand brake cables.
- Frontal running gear stone protection – Insertion rubber cross guard.
- Hot dipped galvanised trailer chassis.
MAIN CHASSIS / UNDER BODY
- Full length 4.4 mtr, 125 mm x 75 mm x 4 mm RHS steel draw bar.
- 1.5 mtr frontal draw bar length. Allowing for an 80*jack knife turn.
- Rear draw bar heavy duty recovery points.
- 6 – Heavy duty D – Shackle side recovery points.
- Open chassis cross members for easy wash out and cleaning.
- Solid chassis bracing gussets.
- Flexible cross bracing struts.
- 4 point heavy duty shock absorber top mounting points.
- 4 – twin jerry can mounting brackets (optional)
- Slotted steel electrical cable runners.
MAIN CHASSIS / FRONT DRAW BAR
- 360 * Off Road Coupling.
- Hand brake lever and mounting plate.
- 2 – Heavy duty chain hooks.
- 2 – High tensile safety chains.
- 4 Corner High lift jack lifting points.
- Swing Down trailer support jack.
- Front draw bar D – Shackle recovery point.
- 20 mm hand brake lever bash plate.
- Front draw bar jerry can mounting plate. (optional)
MAIN CHASSIS REAR
- Rear step.
- Rear winch cable slot. (optional)
- 2 Water proof resin filled LED trailer lamps.
- Heavy duty rear D Shackle recovery points.
- 5 mm Tail light protection plates.
- Heavy Duty winch mounting plate. (optional)
- Bolt on – pivoting mud flap assembly.
WHEELS & TYRES
- 4 – 265 / 7 5 / 1 6. All terrain tyres.
- 4 – 16 x 8 “ 6 stud black steel rims.
Thank you for visiting our website.
If you would like to know more about our Trailers, or 4WD Products, you can request more information via the Contact Us Page or by calling on the number below.
Phone Jason on 0488 069 731